[ZF] Announcement: 2012 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting

Armin Stroß-Radschinski developer+ZopeFoundation at acsr.de
Sat Feb 18 13:07:50 UTC 2012

First I congratulate the possible new board to their willingness to
serve for the board.

Second I want to warn to be too lazy with democratic processes.

I want to give here my general acceptance of the candidates by raising
a +1 for all.

But...

Omitting an election due to a simple mathematical function that
declares having exactly the amount of candidates that seems to match a
board is not a good idea.

1. You force lazyness in the building of opinions in the foundation.
2. Its a good feeling beeing elected!
3. Its a formal process to accept the election and confirm to serve
for the board!

These are rituals that bind the whole community of the foundation and
the board together.
Do not degrade it to a boring or valueless process.

4. Failure of reaching the full amount of candidates is not a real
problem.
It should result in a recognized katharsis turning it into new gaining
spirit. Even if Zope may coming closer to Z it is still not at end of
lifetime. Like the transformation of the DZUG it may be the starting
point of the  metamorphosis evolving to something new like we have it
since 2007...

my 2 Cent

Armin