[ZF] Repository choice: Please indicate your preference until Sunday 9/23

Róman Joost roman at bromeco.de
Tue Sep 18 21:53:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:03:38PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> [...] Someone who has signed
> the agreement can then merge the fork. But the code was in fact
> contributed by someone who hasn't signed any agreement. This pattern
> is a very common way people contribute to git projects, especially on
> github which makes forking and pull requests very easy.
>
> In the past we've had manual patches of this nature, but these are
> generally quite small so there are less copyright concerns.
>
> So are we going to require anyone who offers a pull request has signed
> the contributor agreement before it is merged?
When offering pull requests to Plone core packages, developers asked me
if I've signed the contributors agreement. Perhaps easy to figure for new
contributors.

> If so, how are people easily going to find out that someone offering a
> pull request has signed said agreement? If this is hard, that'll
> retard merges or might result in merges that haven't been validated.
That's actually a good question. I've signed the contributors agreement
and sent it off to the foundation, but it seems to me as if it's
validated by hearsay.

Cheers,
--
Roman Joost