[ZF] A couple of github issues

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 11:37:56 UTC 2013

>> There is a confusing work around, actually. If you create a team that has
>> admin rights *to that team*, i.e. not the organisation, it allows users to
>> create repositories.
>
> Does it allow users to add other users to the organization?
>
> I'm a bit skeptical, but I'd love to see this worked out.

It doesn't allow users to add users, no. It might allow repositories to
be deleted, but we should be mirroring them anyway. I have a script to
do that, as a by product of tracking where contributions happen. I am at
a Plone sprint next week, I can volunteer to create a bogus organisation
to work out an FAQ on what is and isn't possible, and how to set it up,
if nobody wants to play before then.

>> Plone tried this and has the code for it. We gave up on it.
>
> Given what I think you said above, why did Plone try this?

We moved to GitHub before teams were added, so this wasn't possible at
the time.

>> Also, GitHub readily grant Bronze status to open source organisations (Plone
>> and plone-security both are free Bronzes), so we could ask for that have had
>> up to 5 private GitHub repos.
>
> Ah, nice, I wasn't aware of that.  Although honestly, I wouldn't begrudge them
> $7/month or more. They provide a valuable service.

Indeed, I pay that as an individual and agree that it's worth it.

Matt