[ZF] Announcement: 2014 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting
tseaver at palladion.com
Mon Jan 27 15:16:22 CET 2014
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Zope Foundation board is pleased to announce the regular 2014
general meeting of the foundation will be held on Friday, 28 March
2014, at 15:00 UTC. The meeting will be conducted via IRC at the
P rior to that meeting, the current board will conduct an elections in
which foundation members will select seven (7) board members in
accordance with the foundation bylaws.
- - Nominations open via the foundation at zope.org mailing list until
- - Voting via e-mail to a closed mailing list, from Wednesday,
2013-02-26 through Friday, 2013-03-14.
- - Votes tallied by representatives of the current board,
using "Meek and Warrent STV" method using OpenSTV software.
- - General meeting and seating of the new board, Friday, 2013-03-28.
Procedure for Elections
The procedure for the elections is as follows:
- - Foundation members may nominate any member by responding to the
board's announcment on the foundation at zope.org maling list.
Nominations will remain open until Friday, 2013-02-21, 23:00 UTC.
- - At the close of the nominations period, the board will create a new
mailman list, 'zf-elections-2014', and approve all ZF members to post
to the list. In order to preserve anonymity of votes, foundation
members will not be subscribers to the list; access to the list
archives will be restricted to the "tellers" appointed by the board.
- - On Wednesday, 2013-02-26, the Secretary will send an e-mail announcing
the opening of the voting period. This email will contain the ballot,
with careful instructions about how to rank preferences in the reply.
The Reply-to header of this e-mail will be set to the
- - ZF members will vote by replying to that e-mail. Voting will remain
open until Friday, 2013-03-14, 23:00 UTC.
- - At the close of voting, the board will appoint two of its members as
"tellers." The tellers will use the list archive to tabulate the
members' votes, using the OpenSTV application configured to use the
Meek and Warren STV method. The tellers will report the election
results, along with the raw tallies, at a special board meeting to be
held on Tuesday, 2013-03-26, 15:00 UTC.
- - After canvassing the results from the tellers, the board will notify
all nominees of the success / failure of their candidacy, thanking
them for their willingness to serve.
- - At the general meeting, the last item on the agenda will the
announcement of the election results, including a vote to "seat" the
An online version of this announcement is available at:
Tres Seaver +1 540-429-0999 tseaver at palladion.com
Palladion Software "Excellence by Design" http://palladion.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the foundation