[ZF] Proposed motion for the special meeting

Wilkes, Matthew matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 22:39:10 CET 2018

Hi again all,

Aside from the official invitation, which you should have received a few
moments ago, I wanted to share the current draft of the motion that we will
be voting on. It's necessarily rather dull and verbose, but the TL;DR is
that we're passing things over to Plone, fixing the missing filings to get
the Zope Foundation resurrected (we need to do this in order to do
anything) then closing the foundation. I'd very much welcome any comments
or improvements to this motion, please email me if you have any. I think
I've covered the important things, but more eyes always help.

It would be very helpful if people could attend the meeting, but I
understand that you may not have time. If not, please consider giving a
proxy vote to someone who can attend. I am happy to be a proxy for anyone,
and I'm sure others would be too. To assign someone as a proxy you just
need to explicitly say so in writing, with an effective date.

Finally, I'd like to say that this is in no way about closing the Zope
community. We've seen in the last couple of years that there are still
enthusiastic community members working hard on improving Zope. I strongly
believe this change in legal home for the software will lift the
administrative burden that we as a community clearly don't want, and let us
focus on things like funding sprints and community events.

Cheers, please do send me an email if you have any questions, and either
come to the meeting or assign a proxy.

Matt