[Fredericksburg-ZPUG] PyCon 2014 Call for Proposals, New Website

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Thu Jul 11 20:16:19 CEST 2013

Hi Fredericksburg Python Users!

It's that time of year again! The PyCon website received a beautiful refresh and we're ready to accept proposals for the 2014 conference taking place April 9-17 in Montreal. Check out the new site at http://us.pycon.org/2014 and create your account today! Registration will open in September, so mark your calendars and get ready to head into Canada for another great PyCon.

We've received record numbers of proposals over each of the last several years, and we expect this year to be no different. For 2012 we received over 500 proposals for talks, tutorials, and posters, and for 2013 we received over 600. This community's excellent submissions have made for schedules where there is just too much good stuff to take in without cloning yourself, which is a problem we're proud to have. Thankfully you can catch up with the talks you missed at http://pyvideo.org/.

If you're interested in submitting a proposal, take a look at our Call for Proposals at http://us.pycon.org/2014/speaking/cfp/ and poke around the site for advice and resources to help you create a great proposal. New for this year are the addition of Lightning Talk proposals, from which we'll be pre-selecting some of the slots that make up the Lightning Talk sessions.

If your company is interested in sponsorship, we need you. Sponsors are what make PyCon a possibility, and sponsorship offers some great values to the generous organizations who support the conference. Check out https://us.pycon.org/2014/sponsors/whysponsor/ to find out what you get out of sponsorship, with a prospectus at https://us.pycon.org/2014/sponsors/prospectus/. Contact Jesse Noller at jnoller at python.org with any sponsorship inquiries.

Keep an eye out for news on our blog at http://pycon.blogspot.com/ and follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/pycon

Diana Clarke, Chairwoman
diana.joan.clarke at gmail.com

Brian Curtin, Publicity Coordinator