[Grok-dev] Re: Computing URLs relative to the application

Rocky rocky at serverzen.com
Mon Apr 9 06:23:49 EDT 2007

On Apr 5, 4:18 am, Philipp von Weitershausen
<phil... at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
> > Sure. But there should be some common mechanism in Grok for this (the
> > common view base class is probably fine) so that each view doesn't need
> > to define it for itself!
>
> Yup, that mechanism is called subclassing :)

I gotta say I find subclassing just to inherit convenient
functionality quite evil.  I'd prefer to use a view lookup or some
random utility method.  Of course this is just my particular  taste --
also being burned a few times with people saying, "oh, I need feature
X, I'll just inherit from X's mixin class".

- Rocky