[Grok-dev] Re: problems with the philikon-eggification branch

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 24 09:32:43 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>> Or your buildout didn't pull in the zope.app.zcmlfiles egg, which
>>> would be strange because it works for me.
>>
>> There indeed does not appear to be a zope.app.zcmlfiles egg present.
>> Did you try running the buildout from scratch? It's possible the egg
>> dependencies got changed at some stage?
>
> Yeah, probably some time before the 3.4.0a1 eggs were built and uploaded
> recently.
>
> It's actually a good sign that Grok doesn't have to depend on neither
> zope.app.twisted, zope.app.securitypolicy and zope.app.zcmlfiles (those
> three were needed to get the egg-based buildout going again). I've
> amended buildout.cfg to install those. The egg buildout should work
> again now.

So if we have to install those to make Grok work, why do you say Grok
doesn't have to depend on them?

Some comments:

* I needed to list 'eggs' in instance as well. evidently you didn't need
to do that. What's up with that?

* there is a zc.twisted egg now that I included in the setup.py You
didn't seem to need that, so that means you have a twisted already on
your PYTHONPATH?