[Grok-dev] Assembly Alive 2.0 (Nginx rocks)

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Aug 3 05:43:41 EDT 2007

About Nginx...

My experience of moving from Apache to Nginx was a huge increase in
performance whilst at the same time reducing the required resources
CPU/Memory a lot (unfortunately I didn't write down the numbers but
it kept me smiling for weeks).

I use Nginx for URL rewriting with three instances of Zope 2.7 on
different ports on the back end. I have both streaming content (as in
huge file system movies (200M+) that are streamed by Zope) and
ordinary website content.

I used to have problems with apache loosing connections to the
backend servers, but those problems disappeared with Nginx. In my
case Nginx is a lightweight solution that outperforms Apache in every
aspect.

Mvh Sebastian