[Grok-dev] Re: zc.buildout tutorial

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Sat Aug 4 00:22:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 14:50 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Darryl Cousins wrote:
> > Hey,

> >> I think Darryl should volunteer for this. :)
> >
> > My first thought too. But ... busy.
> >
> > I'll put aside time on Sunday to sync up what is in the doc/ directory
> > with grok.zope.org.
>
> Understood that you're busy. The trouble with the zc.buildout tutorial
> is that we won't be maintaining it in the doc/ directory - it's
> somewhere else in SVN. I don't know what needs tweaking on grok.zope.org
> to make it appear.

I've altered grok2html to use urllib to grab tutorial.txt from
svn.zope.org/zc.buildout/trunk/doc/tutorial.txt.

Dependency on Pygments has been added to doc/setup.py and the file
pygments_code_block_directive.py has been borrowed from
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/sandbox/code-block-directive in order to handle
the code-block directive used in Jim's buildout tutorial.

This still doesn't support highlighting because Jim uses::

    code-block: Python

and pygments expects::

    code-block: python  # (lower-case P)

Furthermore to have highlighting additional css directives are necessary to
colourise the code block. I haven't implemented this either.

I'm happy with the hack as it is because we may hope and expect code
highlighting to be included in stock docutils in the future.

> Another feature that would be good for the howto section is author credits.

I've added author credits to minitutorials/index.txt and the macro and searching tutorials.

Hope that all helps.

PS. Thanks Uli for your input, I hope that I have reached a satisfactory
solution.

Darryl