[Grok-dev] Re: Bug on windows

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Aug 19 07:22:29 EDT 2007

Max M wrote:
>> Here's what you can do to get there by yourself:
>>
>> 1. Get the latest grokproject and run it. It should run through and dump
>>    a "bin\zopectl" script (which won't work, that's why we install Paste
>>    in the next steps).
>
> It does not seem so:
>
> D:\zope3>grokproject GrokTest
> Enter module (Name of a demo Python module placed into the package)
> ['app.py']:
>
> Enter user (Name of an initial administrator user): maxm
> Enter passwd (Password for the initial administrator user): *****
> Enter eggs_dir (Location where zc.buildout will look for and place
> packages) ['C:\\Documents and Settings\\maxm/buildout-eggs']:
> Creating directory .\GrokTest
> Downloading zc.buildout...
> Invoking zc.buildout...
> While:
>   Installing.
>   Getting section app.
>   Initializing section app.
>
> An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
> recipe being used:
>
> ImportError:
> No module named schemaless

I've seen this error happen before. The zc.zope3recipes:application
recipe needs ZConfig, a quite new version of it. You seem to have an
older one installed in your sys.path (probably an old Zope 3.3
installation). For some reason, it's picking up that one (even though it
shouldn't).

This is really a buildout bug. I've filed a bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zc.buildout/+bug/133462