[Grok-dev] Re: Setting up apidoc with Grok

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Aug 20 06:17:15 EDT 2007

Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> It seems that the apidoc package is not included in the Grok buildout.

Because nothing lists it as a dependency (well, now that the grok admin
UI needs zope.app.apidoc, it's a grok dependency).

To cut a long story short: if you want a package installed, you either
make it a dependency of your current package (that's when your package
actually wants to import stuff from it) or you put it in the 'eggs' list
in buildout.cfg. After either step you run buildout again.

> Since then, I've setup a regular Zope 3 instance to run on a different
> port just so I can look at the docs.

Not really necessary. Just

1. get zope.app.apidoc installed (should now always be installed since
grok depends on it),

2. make sure its ZCML is loaded:

      <include package="zope.app.apidoc" file="meta.zcml" />
      <include package="zope.app.apidoc" />