[Grok-dev] ReST reference
uli at gnufix.de
Thu Aug 30 00:02:57 EDT 2007
tonight I built a version of the Grok reference from pure ReST files.
The conversion to ReST and generation of HTML was done using the current
The sources are in this branch::
See doc/reference/README.txt for more information.
- Currently there is no PDF support (they are working on that).
- The toolchain is using the sphinx-package from docutils, which
- I had to patch the stock sphinx-package to generate non-Python docs
(i.e. docs, which are not the original Python documentation). The
patch is included in the above branch (see README.txt in
- Yet didn't tweak the search function, which still presents the
- The ReST files could also be rendered otherwise, but there are lots
of special 'tags'.
- The documentation framework could in principle also serve other
documentation, tutorials, howtos etc. It was built for that.
- See the README.txt in the above branch's doc/reference for deeper
insights on how to build the reference.
- Maybe one could build the reference easier using a new ``mkhowto``
script, but I didn't find one for ReST/Python2.5.
Ah, yes, it looks like this::
More information about the Grok-dev