[Grok-dev] viewlets and groklets

TIm Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Thu Dec 6 09:39:13 EST 2007

Hi there,

A missing piece of the grok puzzle is viewlets. I think it could
be a good idea to either merge one of the existing implementations
or implement a new one at the snow sprint?

Someone did implement groklets:
http://svn.zope.org/grok/branches/ksmith_mcweekly-groklets/src/grok/
groklets.txt?rev=80455&view=auto

But I think I prefer normal viewlets (there's an example below
groklets in the same file). I don't think Groklets save very many
lines of code.

There's another branch for viewlets:
http://svn.zope.org/grok/branches/ksmith_mcweekly-viewlets

Not sure if that allows you to write viewlets as in the groklets
example file. But if it does maybe this could be considered to
be merged.

What are your opinions about groklets and viewlets?

/Tim