[Grok-dev] Dynamic Schemas: Best practices?

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 07:42:45 EST 2007

Hi,

[snip]

> Therefore my (maybe dumb) question: is there a best practice or
> recommended way to set up such data containers, that provide a certain
> set of allowed field-types which lateron can be modified by users? Or is
> this a configuration issue, which should be handled outside the source
> code?

Some time ago I was trying to solve the same problem. I didn't
implement it but in my toughts, only :-), I came up with something
involving object annotation plus adapters to extend the interface
schema and modify existing objects to fulfill the new interface
schema. IOW, store extra fields in the object's annotation.
Of course I would need to do a lot of UI magic to push those extra
fields into the object and some other controls to specify ordering
etc.

This is something that I would like to do some time. If it works it
would be really cool.

Regards,
Fernando