[Grok-dev] grokproject revisited...

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon Dec 17 06:14:32 EST 2007

I installed a new project [grokproject 0.6] and suddenly zcatalog
won't add new objects to the index automatically (I need to perform a
manual reindex through the Zope admin interface). I have the following
dependencies in setup.py:

   'setuptools',
   'grok',
   'zc.catalog==1.1.1',
   'hurry.query',
   'hurry.workflow',

The code I am using was originally developed using grok 0.9 so I
figured that I should go back and look at the new installation
instructions in case I was doing something wrong (site-packages are
stored in new directories and so on). Only to find that:

a) we don't have any official installation instructions!!!
b) while the tutorial does contain installation instructions, they are
limited to the tutorial project (and it is difficult to see if the
tutorial is kept current)

Is anyone maintaing a "How to create a new grok project"?

Mvh Sebastian