[Grok-dev] grok install problems

George Wright georgewr at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 17 15:50:05 EST 2007

Gidday
New to this list.
I installed grok like this within my virtual environment:
~/myvirtualenv $ grokproject Mygrokproject1

I missed the opportunity to use   --with-zope3=ZOPE3 so I was a bit
annoyed it downloaded a new zope - I was on a slow dial up connection
at the time!
I have python 2.4

But when it began to download a long list of eggs I already had in a
parallel zopeproject installation I realised that grokproject had not
given me the opportunity to nominate an egg repository as had
zopeproject. (I wonder why?)

So I was really annoyed that after an hour and a half with all eggs
downloaded and installed including this one:
Getting distribution for 'zope.traversing'.
Got zope.traversing 3.5.0a2.
AND later this one:
Getting distribution for 'zope.publisher'.
Got zope.publisher 3.4.2.

I then got this message:
While:
   Installing instance.
Error: There is a version conflict.
We already have: zope.publisher 3.4.2
but zope.traversing 3.5.0a2 requires 'zope.publisher>=3.5.0a1.dev-
r78727'.
but zope.app.publisher 3.5.0a3 requires 'zope.publisher>=3.5.0a1.dev-
r78727'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/
grokproject", line 7, in ?
     sys.exit(
   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/
python2.4/site-packages/grokproject-0.3dev_r73355-py2.4.egg/
grokproject/__init__.py", line 108, in main
     os.environ) == 0
AssertionError
george-g5:~/myvirtualenv  $

I did notice that it used the frameworks python 2.4 rather than the
one behind the virtualenv:

Configuring Zope installation

Using Python interpreter at /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

So maybe something is not working there?

Appreciate any help and comments.

George Wright
http://users.bigpond.net.au/George.Wright/
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~gwright