[Grok-dev] Pushing for 1.0

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Wed Dec 19 06:42:45 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

> In other words, I think it would be very good to see if we can start
> the new year with a 1.0 release of Grok!
>
> What kind of issues do you think we really should address before
> going 1.0?

What is 1.0 supposed to be, a stable release or something we want to
brag
to everyone about?

In order to brag about this cool grok there are three things I miss:
   * viewlets
   * grokproject doing WSGI out of the box
   * a different security policy where I can put permissions on models
     instead of views. If I have 4 models and 100 views it may be
better to
     protect the data by putting require on the models instead of the
views.
     But maybe this already works?

/Tim