[Grok-dev] Re: Grok website status?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Dec 20 02:02:42 EST 2007

Hey,

Kevin Teague wrote:
>> So, what's the status on the Grok website? What's blocking it? :)
>
> Laziness :(

I suffer from this wonderful affliction quite regularly myself. :)

> The ReST issues are a bit thorny, I started to look at it a while back,
> but it was non-trivial to fix (I've never actually used ReST ... I know,
> I know, it's a Python standard ... ) and then I got distracted with
> other things. However, I've just begun my holiday vacation, so my goal
> over the next 12 days is to spend some time on the grok site and
> hopefully resolve the outstanding issues and relaunch it so that people
> can start adding tutorials and other new grok content.

We don't have to use ReST for all pages. Considering the main tutorial,
I'm fine if we just get it on there by using the commandline ReST tools
and copy & paste it in there. The main tutorial was the only bit that
had real problems, as it includes a lot of code samples and so on, so
it's hard to convert it to the site.

Anyway, thanks for putting vacation time into this!