[Grok-dev] Re: guidance for incorporating XSLT as alternative templating mechanism?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Dec 20 07:10:30 EST 2007

Hey,

On Dec 20, 2007 1:06 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we just have to accept that I don't know enough about XSLT to
> come with any useful contribution on this topic.

The thing to know about XSLT is that it can be used as a template
language much like ZPT, not just as a transformation language.

The idea is that instead of producing a dictionary with data, which
most template languages take, XSLT needs some XML structure. It'll
access this data using xpath. Hopefully the current template language
integration already would allow for a strategy to pass the XML in and
have the template language access it. But if not, we'll need to think
about extending it somehow. I was hoping you could help me think about
this topic of passing the data along.

Perhaps however I'm on the wrong track and the original poster is
aiming for something different?