[Grok-dev] Plone 3 and Grok Story

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon Dec 31 09:53:09 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Noah Gift wrote:

> As I get deeper into Plone 3, and more interested in Grok, I wonder
> what the official and unofficial story is for integrating Grok
> development into Plone 3.

Plone is a Content Management System that some people use as a web
framework. Grok is a web framework that some people use for content
management. Simple :)

Both make use of lots of Zope 3 technologies, so it's reasonably easy
to switch development mindsets between the two.

Phillip was doing some experimenting with a megrok.five package that
made Grok run under Zope 2 a year back, but realistically if you want
to integrate between a Grok app and a Plone app then your best choice
is likely going to be to explore how Python makes a great language for
both producing and consuming simple web services such as REST :)