[Grok-dev] Re: [website] Let's do content!

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon Dec 31 13:06:24 EST 2007

31 dec 2007 kl. 17.23 skrev Tres Seaver:

> Sebastian Ware wrote:
>
>> Also, I wonder if you could add a width to the content of the front
>> page. The lines run too long, the original design was set to "width:
>> 540px".
>
> - -1 to any absolute (pixel) widths for columns containing text:  they
> make it impossible to work with the content at different text sizes.
> Making the content readable is more important than making the design
> pretty (I have this disagreement with the desginer on nearly every
> project I work on).
>

> Tres.

The main reason to use pixel widths is because one often has images
that are fixed pixel widths that would look wierd if the width
changes. Your route requires more work but I agree with you in
principal.

But I am having difficulties believing that your designer would rather
have a pretty site than a readable site... unless he is a complete
moron... ;)

mvh Sebastian