[Grok-dev] Re: Working towards a 0.9 release

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon Feb 26 06:16:05 EST 2007

I'd really like to see a grok.zope.org - a nice short URL with even a
single page of introduction text and links to assorted Grok bits
around the web would go a long ways towards creating more interest in
the project I think. To that effect, I'm willing to volunteer to help
with this - I've started work on a single static page here:

http://www.bud.ca/files/grokonepage/

I really like the cave man theme, it would be cool to add things like
a navigation bar that looks like it is chiseled out of stone and cave
drawings sketches down the sides.

A couple considerations:

  * Grok logo? A chiseled in stone logo might be neat - it might be
quite hard to get right though. I've used a typeface called Artiste
for sample page, It's kind of growing on me.

  * Grok slogan/tagline? I thought about putting the tagline
"Prehistoric web development", although that doesn't really say
anything, perhaps something like "Zope 3 web development simplified"?

Moving beyond the single page, what do people think about using a
Plone site for the Grok content? I could set-up a Plone with a custom
from-scratch Grok skin, and then we could have a standard Plone skin
for doing the content editing. This would make it a lot easier for
community participation in the documentation and content side, and we
wouldn't require svn accounts and a static build process to update
the content. In addition, we could then encourage discussion about
the content on the Plone-skin side, but leave those documents in
public draft, and not display them from the Grok-skin side.