[Grok-dev] Re: initial thoughts on grokproject

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Feb 26 06:16:44 EST 2007

Hi,

I will chip in a thought on grokproject as well.

Tim Terlegård, on 2007-02-25:
> 2) "grokproject asks for a module, a demo module, what is that about?".
> I thought it wasn't that important so I just pressed enter, but it did
> really want something. If it's just for giving an example, maybe it can
> just be called demo.py and don't necessarily ask about it? To me it's a
> non-obvious question that gets in my way to get started.

Also, I think it is better to warn the user when the module name is
the same as the package name.  If they are the same, grok will try to
associate any templates in <modulename>_templates with a View in the
package, instead of in your module.  Or really *require* that module
and package name are different.

I actually had the idea that in an earlier version of grokproject a
warning or something to that effect was in place already.

BTW, i am using Grok as a front end for a small chess program that I
am writing.  ME GROK PLAY CHESS!  I will post more once that is more
complete.  The Grok part is basically just a browser view though.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/