[Grok-dev] Re: grok.View: Self-submitting forms, redirect, and before()

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Jan 10 10:18:00 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> The redirect use case isn't properly addressed by before() currently. So
> I'm wondering whether we should have two separate methods for this (e.g.
> process() and prepare()) of which the process() method would allow to
> redirect somewhere, causing grok.View never to render the template. If
> that's overkill, then we should at least consider adding that
> possibility to before() (whose name would then be confusing, as it seems
> to already be to other people).

I'm not tied to the name 'before' nor am I tied to the current semantics
of 'render'. Some suggestions:

* could we employ the Zope 3 standard update/render technique in this? I
don't mean we *only* use this but perhaps we can use it as a foundation
to what we want.

* try implementing process/prepare and see how the Wiki and your Herd
example (for instance) are affected.