[Grok-dev] Local permissions?

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Jul 3 18:49:29 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I havn't found much information about security in grok, only that it turns
off the default zope security checks, that it defaults to "public", and
that it "protects views instead of content"

I'm sure this saves a lot of time by not having to worry about it until
later, but when the time comes... how do you grant local permissions on
objects?

The only examples I've found so far go like this:

#####
class File(grok.Model):
   contents = ""

class EditFile(grok.EditForm):
    grok.require('yo.EditFile')

#####

as I understand that, you have to grant "yo.EditFile" to a user for him to
be able to access the form.
but how do you allow him to only edit his own files? Is there a way to grant
the permission only for certain objects?

any hints / examples would be great...

regards. luis