[Grok-dev] Parallel sprint in Brasil

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Jul 4 19:58:27 EDT 2007

Hi Luciano,

On Wed, 04.07.2007, 15:31 -0300 Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> Dirceu Tiegs and I are organizing a Brasilian Grok-sprint to happen in
> parallel with the one in Vilnius.

Great! I wish you much fun :-)

>  Our plan is to work on the Tutorial,

I already incorporated some install issues (and their solution) into the
tutorial.txt of my sandbox repository
(svn.zope.org/Sandbox/ulif/grok-adminui/doc), as well as some sentences
about grok.Forms. This is really unfinished sandbox stuff, but you might
have some use for it.

> after getting a green light from Martijn Faassen.
>
> What we want do to:
> - follow Marijn's plan in doc/tutorial_outline.txt as far as we can
> - include a lot of information already in the design docs which are
> not science-fiction anymore, except for spelling differences in many
> cases
> - show Groks autoform funcionality early on, and leave hand-coding of
> forms to more advanced sections about custom forms
> - make the tutorial more modular, perhaps splitting in several pages,
> to make it easier to integrate contribs like Sebastian Ware's recent
> searching tutorial

+1 from me. Especially splitting up could make life easier, when Grok
and its tutorial grow.

What about some kind of FAQ (linked with the tutorial 'core') for topics
like install issues? Those topics can easily grow big.

Cheers,

--
Uli