[Grok-dev] Next Steps Grok-Character

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Fri Jul 6 14:24:46 EDT 2007

On 7/6/07, Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> wrote:
> They aren't readable... so they wouldn't be so useful in a logo :)

Lots of logos have a picture besides the lettering, i'm surprised you
raised that objection. Jan just pointed to an example of that. Debian
and Ubuntu are other examples, just to keep in the realm of FLOSS. The
"Grok" word, by itself, rendered in a clean, modern font just does not
look like a Grok project logo to me.

Of course, cavemen could not write so there are no real "cave painting
letters" (at least not that we can read...).

But for some reason I think the P22 Koch Nueland font feels
pre-historic... I used it in the Paleosoft.org homepage:

http://paleosoft.org/

Of course, I'm no designer so that page layout sucks. But I like the
icons and the title font.

Cheers,

Luciano