[Grok-dev] Re: Next Steps Grok-Character

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Fri Jul 6 20:31:15 EDT 2007

On 7/6/07, J Cameron Cooper <jccooper at rice.edu> wrote:
> My favorite vision so far is a stylized version of Grok's comically
> oversized club. Grok is all about smashing, right? I'd love to combine
> it with a pair of glasses, but that might be too much. Here's a silly
> little mockup I did of that, just stealing the existing club:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/38512224@N00/741182287/

Great, Cameron. The club is it!

Grok is about smashing things, a paleolithic take on "opinionated
software". And it looks good in monochrome.

How about this version, with the P22 Kock Nueland font:

http://paleosoft.org/images/references/grok-nueland.png

I think it carries the humor of the whole smashing idea.

Cheers,

Luciano