[Grok-dev] Re: Next Steps Grok-Character

Armin C. Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Sat Jul 7 02:42:30 EDT 2007

Am 07.07.2007 um 02:31 schrieb Luciano Ramalho:

> Great, Cameron. The club is it!
1+ YES in every point of view

> Grok is about smashing things, a paleolithic take on "opinionated
> software". And it looks good in monochrome.
>
> How about this version, with the P22 Kock Nueland font:
>
> http://paleosoft.org/images/references/grok-nueland.png
For all loving the Stoneage-Look!
GROK is a crossover! Absolutely high-tech (Zope) with a simple hands on.
The Spiririt should be catched by the logo.

Keep in Mind: Everybody in the GROK Community knows the story. But we
want to get ground under the feet. The Zope community is benefitig
from the success of applications like Plone (commercial success with
the work of all the consultants over the world too!)

Even if they have not all a successful created Corporate-Design it
helps a lot.
> I think it carries the humor of the whole smashing idea.
And what is if the joke is over?
Let us keep the fun in the character GROK! and seperate from GROK the
brand.

I am very interesting in making cool comic strips with GROK the
character.
But the main goal is to have a perfect Logo that fits ALL needs.

Taking a look at my reduced versions from early morning. I think my
first one from the evening was "more club" .

As an industrial-designer I have one important critic point with the
original club of GROK (the pencil-drawn). This Form slips out of you
hand, you cannot handle it. Nobody should think or feel such an
impression with GROK.

In my version the grip is transformed into an invisible fist (in the
R) avoiding the problem. If the club is used alone, a simple bullet
is placed instead of the R makinf up an acclamation mark.

Armin

The results of my late night work can be seen here:

	http://www.dzug.org/marketing/corporate-design/grok/grok-signetb.png/
view

	http://www.dzug.org/marketing/corporate-design/grok/grok-
signeta_smash.png/view
--
Armin Carl Stroß-Radschinski, Dipl. Designer
acsr infopair, Landgrafenstraße 32, 53842 Troisdorf, Germany

Telefon +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 94, FAX +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 96
eMail a.stross-radschinski at infopair.com - http://www.infopair.com
UST. ID Nr: DE154092803