[Grok-dev] Re: Zope 3 error message rage... :)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jul 7 16:45:37 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 7/7/07, Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org> wrote:
> On 7/7/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> > Which error messages are bothering you the most? Any errors in
> > particular?
>
> Here's an example, almost identical to one that Sebastian mentioned a
> couple days ago:
>
> TypeError: unsubscriptable object (see full traceback below)

Just glancing at the traceback makes me think we may be able to make
this one go away. I invite people to edit the method __getitem__ on
line 137 of components.py in Grok and catch this error. Instead, raise
some nicer error message (could still be a TypeError or a ValueError
or something, I'm not sure what triggers this failure).

Volunteers? You need to also add a test case for this that triggers
this error and sees whether we get the expected error message.