[Grok-dev] Re: Grok-CD

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Sun Jul 8 15:40:02 EDT 2007

http://www.dzug.org/marketing/corporate-design/grok/

Grok-Signet_club6p_grey.png
Grok-Signet_club6p_wood.png
Grok-Signet_club6p_line.png
Grok-Signet_club6p_outline.png

This looks very good!!! To me it is modern, distinct and with perfect
reference to the caveman theme without "being to obvious". Grok-
Signet_club6p_outline.png is my absolute favourite because the name
is in focus, the club is a supporting element. I also like Grok-
Signet_club6p_grey.png for the same reasons.

I think the logo is better without the shadow. Eventhough I think the
reflection in the website design gives it a modern look, but I think
that is more styling than part of the logo.

Would it be possible to elaborate on a version that is more 6:9
aspect ratio? In many situations it is desirable not to use to much
height but still keeping the letters as large as possible. Maybe one
could work a bit on Grok-Signet_club6p_outline.png. Moving the club
etc. I think you understand what I mean.

I also want to give my complements on how you have developed the
original Grok caveman. I can see this one being a great asset. (I
still wonder what he is doing with his right hand though... it looks
to me as a prelude to a victorian curtsy... :) )

Mvh Sebastian