[Grok-dev] Re: Newbie search tutorial

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jul 9 18:53:44 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 7/9/07, Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org> wrote:
> I've reviewed and used the search minitutorial (thanks, Sebastian!)
> and I'd like to suggest a few changes:
>
> - Since hurry.query is not a dependency of Zope or Grok, I think the
> tutorial should explain how to searches without it, and then perhaps
> in a last section introduce hurry.query and show its benefits.

Hm, this is more than one way to do it, though. For the larger
tutorial at least I'd prefer we decided on one way to do it and
document that, and at most point to other documentation that shows
other ways.

For the mini tutorial it matters less, it's just a comment I wanted to
make about what our general approach should be. If there are more than
one way to do it, Grok should pick one, make it easier if possible,
and document that. Anything else is secondary and shouldn't be
described as an equal option. People shouldn't have to worry about
this stuff unless they have a good reason to. This means that whenever
we see more than one way, we as a community should realize we have
some thinking to do and make some decisions.

Anyway, that's just a general philosophical note.

But go right ahead in the mini tutorial - I don't think we should be
overly strict about this if the price is less documentation. :)