[Grok-dev] grok and the ORM of your choice

Tim Penhey tim at penhey.net
Fri Jul 20 01:32:17 EDT 2007

Hi grokers,

I'd like to use grok with storm, but I feel that the process would be fairly
similar no matter which ORM you are using.

My problem is getting started.  If someone can point me in the right direction,
I'd be happy to trundle down and write stuff up and contribute to grok, but
it is the initial direction that I am flailing with.

So firstly I'd need to be able to map '/' to some view, or to be able to map
+some-view to something, and be able to set a default view for '/'.

Then I need to be able to define traversal, say /foo to some (plain) python object,
and it could then take the next item from the traversal stack, say 'bar', and use
that to search for an object, and be able to define views for peristant objects
(ORM persisted, not ZODB persisted).

Thanks muchly,

Tim