[Grok-dev] Re: Grok and Ajax : KSS ?

Jimmie Houchin j.zope at cyberhaus.us
Tue Jul 24 15:01:20 EDT 2007

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Jimmie Houchin <j.zope at cyberhaus.us> wrote:
>> My apologies.
>>
>> I accidentally posted this reply from this thread, into another thread.
>> (Re: defining permissions in a module)
>>
>> It wasn't until I read Jan-Wijbrand Kolman's reply to this message, but
>> with a subject I did not remember replying to. Oops.
>> > Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> >
>> > Spot on. If I may say so.
>> >
>> > regards,
>> > jw
>>
>> Please forgive the misplacement of my reply.
>
> I am so very sorry for this misunderstanding... My reply was really
> not at all meant to point you at your mistake. On the contrary, I
> completely agreed with your observations and opinion and I tried to
> express a feeling of "I could not have said that any better".

Oh no, I did not mean to imply anything like that.

I understand fully what you meant. And I appreciate it fully.
It was all my mistake. You did nothing wrong my friend.

It was that when I went to read the message you replied to and saw my
message there, it just struck me as to what I did. I also wanted to
provide any other replies an opportunity to be in the correct thread.

It was like when I notice all my typos when I read others replies to my
emails. A moment of "oh, I can't believe I did that".

What happened was that I went to compose my reply. I noticed that it was
going to Martijn and not the list. I didn't want to fill his inbox with
something he would probably read on the list. So I went back to the
messages intending to do reply-to-all on that message. I had already
written the message so I just did a reply-to-all on the wrong message,
deleted its contents and pasted my message. I just didn't notice I
didn't reply to the message intended.

As I prefer to comply with community standards. Since the reply headers
are set to the individuals and not the list. Does this community prefer
to receive multiple copies as such one personally and one to the list?

And again, thanks for the supportive comment.

Jimmie