[Grok-dev] Re: AssertionError on install on WinXP
Philipp von Weitershausen
philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jun 6 05:27:55 EDT 2007
Shane Graber wrote:
> I'm attempting to install Grok on my Windows XP laptop. I downloaded
> the Zope3.3 executable from Zope.org, installed it, and followed up by
> installing easy_install and grokproject per the instructions on
> grok.zope.org. All seemed to install with no problems. However, when
> I do a
> C:\Python24\Scripts> grokproject --with-zope3="C:\zope3\" Sample
grokproject is unfortuantely not supported on Windows.
> The program will run for a bit and then spit out an AssertionError:
Yup, and that's just the start...
> I'm at a loss as to how to correct this problem. Could anyone point
> me in the right direction on getting Grok working properly? I'm
> really eager to try out Grok after reading through the tutorial!
1. After having installed Zope 3.3, create a normal instance using the
2. Download the grok tarball, unzip it and put the grok package into
that instance's lib/python directory.
3. Create an INSTANCE/etc/package-includes/grok-meta.zcml file with the
<include package="grok" file="meta.zcml" />
as well as an INSTANCE/etc/package-includes/grok-configure.zcml::
<include package="grok" />
4. Create your own package in lib/python (don't forget the __init__.py)
and place in all the code (e.g. the one from the tutorial) in it. Create
a configure.zcml in that package with the following contents::
<grok package="." xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok" />
5. Create an INSANCE/etc/package-includes/YOURPACKAGE-configure.zcml::
<include package="YOURPACKAGE" />
http://worldcookery.com -- Professional Zope documentation and training
More information about the Grok-dev