[Grok-dev] Re: Grok and object evolution

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Jun 13 10:30:04 EDT 2007

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In the tutorial, there is a mention of object evolution. What I would
> like to know is whether there is a simple and smart way to implement
> this with Grok?

Not yet. Zope 3 provides zope.app.generations which has a good base.
(zope.app.zopeappgenerations is then an application of this for evolving
zope.app objects).

I haven't used this facility much. Someone should study it and see
whether some additional automation would be useful, and document it for
Grok.