[Grok-dev] How do I troubleshoot missing packages?

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Mon Jun 25 07:25:19 EDT 2007

Hey,

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 13:15 +0200, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> I removed the directory and then ran buildout again. Now it is found
> and the error has disappeared. I can imagine two possible causes of
> this.

Buildouts usually add in the system path requirements in the `run`
script. This run script might be parts/instance/bin/runzope or in the
bin/ directory (eg as in bin/test, or bin/demo for the z3c.formdemo egg
buildout). If you manually built the directory the script was probably
missing the inclusion of the hurry egg. When you rebuilt (ran buildout)
this would have been correctly included.

Be cautious (or better - don't do it) about naming directories with a
space.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Darryl