[Grok-dev] Setup error with grokproject

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Fri Mar 9 18:21:11 EST 2007

Hi,

Getting started with a grok project should be as easy as::

    easy_install grokproject

But. I get an error from `easy_install`::

    error: Download error: unknown url type: https

OK. Lets do it another way::

    cd /opt
    svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/grokproject/trunk grokproject
    easy_install grokproject

OK. That looks better. So now I try the next step using the
`grokproject` script installed in python bin::

    grokproject --with-zope3=/opt/grok/parts/zope3 MyProject

Using the `with-zope3` option reuses an existing zope3 instalation.

But. No, same error with the url type. This time when 'getting new
distribution for grok'

Maybe I need to update setuptools?

	easy_install setuptools
	Searching for setuptools
	Best match: setuptools 0.6c5
	Processing setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4.egg
	setuptools 0.6c5 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

That's probably the most recent version.

And so I ask for advice.

Kind regards,
Darryl