[Grok-dev] Continous releases from svn

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 14 09:40:08 EDT 2007

I've now enabled grok and grokproject to register themselves as revision
number-based releases from SVN. That means the version number is now
composed the following way:

   ${next_stable_release_version}dev-r{svn_revision_number}

The advantage of that is that we can now receive automatic updates
whenever we reregister a newer "version" of grok (based on a higher
revision number).

I've also uploaded eggs and tarballs so that people who don't have
subversion can still install grok and grokproject (useful for Windows
folks). That means if you easy_install grok right now, it will install
it from the uploaded egg (you won't get the subversion HEAD anymore). If
you still want to get it straight from subversion, easy_install grok==dev.

After changes to grok itself, you can register and upload a new
"release" to the Cheeseshop with

   python setup.py register sdist bdist_egg upload