[Grok-dev] Portlets (and maybe other skinning).

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:06:08 EDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Tim Terlegård <tim at se.linux.org> wrote:
> Do you have auto generated html that you have no control over?

Yup.

> grok needs support for viewlets. Let's come up with a good solution for
> that.

After discussing with Philikon, I'm currently looking into replacing
the publication object with something that looks up a main template
and uses that, and passes all viewlet managers to it. The main
template can then render the main design with all viewlets in the
correct places. The idea is then to make a special viewlet that
renders the actual object and outputs that.

This *may* work. I hope to get some time to finish a rough version tomorrow.

The main drawback with this is that everything gets the portlets
applied to them, even non-grok-content, but I could probably check if
the object is a grok view or not and just render non-grok objects
normally.

And then there is the question of how to select different main
templates for different views. You don't want a pop-up form to have
the viewlets, for example.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64