[Grok-dev] Re: naming conventions

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 17:09:41 EDT 2007

Hi

On 3/16/07, Jegenye 2001 Bt (Miklós Prisznyák) <jegenye2001 at jegenye.com> wrote:
> 2007/3/16, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> > Since Grok in some cases subclasses things in Zope 3, we figure
> > consistency might be better here than following PEP 8.

+1
I don't know but somehow in the past, when I was Java slaved, I got
used to CamelCase class definitions, methods definitions likeThis and
variables like_this.....because I read in a book or there was a
document telling to do that way,
So having a quick look at the code I could identify what is what and
decide what do to.
BUT, PEP8 has some other cool things that I still respect like
spacing, max line characters to 79, docstrings style etc, maybe things
that you won't notice that much in the code like when we read classes,
methods and variables definitions.