[Grok-dev] coordinating EuroPython Grok talks

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sun Mar 25 20:50:33 EDT 2007

Hi there,

 From 9 to 11 july EuroPython is taking place, this time in Vilnius,
Lithuania.

The Call for Proposals is now open:

http://www.europython.org/sections/tracks_and_talks/announcements/call-for-proposals

I intend to submit a talk on Grok. I also hope someone else (Philipp?
Theuni?) will submit a talk on Grok as well. We therefore need to figure
out who is going to cover what so we don't repeat ourselves too much.
Possible topics:

* Technical introduction to Grok

* Grok from a a community perspective: Grok's background, history,
goals, evolution

* participation in some general talk about Zope

* participation on some to be organized 'web frameworks panel' or whatnot.

I'd be happy to do any of these, but also happy if others did them. I'm
probably best suited to the 'community perspective' one. This can serve
as a general non-technical introduction to Grok and followed up by a
technical intro.