[Grok-dev] RFC: Grokking tests

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 28 04:28:13 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I was about to add ftests to megrok.five and I wanted to reuse some of
the testing infrastructure that we had in Grok, only to find that it
wasn't much reusable.

Somebody at the BBQ Sprint (I think it was Whit) suggested that tests
themselves could be grokked, so I implemented that in a branch
(philikon-grokking-tests). It's not 100% finished yet (it's missing some
tests for the new functionality, no pun intended), but Grok's own tests
are all found and pass.

For further explanations of how the approach works and other things that
I've done at the same time (ftesting.zcml, functional layer, etc.), I
simply defer to the checkin comments which y'all should be able to read :).

Philipp