[Grok-dev] HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE security support

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue May 15 03:10:16 EDT 2007

> If this use case is considered to be common, we could consider adding
> special functionality for this to Grok's views, perhaps a special
> raw_update method that receives the putted input stream as an argument
> (that would be called for at least POST and PUT, but perhaps we can make
> it work for GET as well).

Since I think these use cases are not uncommon, I can imagine a
specific view type for these cases (like there's a JSON view type and
a XMLRPC view type), but *not* to add more API to the 'normal' views.

Maybe a RESTView? Where each of the HTTP verbs is a method on this
view? And where it is clear how to avoid "argument" parsing, when
needed?

(I'm afraid I do not have an answer for you *actual* question,
regarding Zope 3's take on PUT requests...)

Kind regards,
jw
--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman