[Grok-dev] towards a new grok.zope.org (volunteering YOU)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed May 16 17:48:46 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I think the threads started by Sebastian have quite a bit of useful text
we can mine and rewrite into a coherent piece of content for the grok
site. We need to come up with a plan for doing it.

I'm going to try to coordinate some people in the hope it's welcome:

* Sebastian and Martin, can you two devise a way to go systematically
through the threads for the texts? This should result in restructured
text documents. Martin seems to have an eye for the lightheartedness and
honesty we should keep in the text, so he can ensure we keep it. I'll
also help reviewing the text.

* Sebastian, you're already working on the site, so that's excellent! :)
I hope Martin will continue reviewing it.

* Kevin Teague, can you keep an eye on the layout being developed by
Sebastian? I hope Sebastian doesn't banish the caveman theme too much.
I'd like to retain some of the fun. Hopefully together with Sebastian we
can come up with some layout elements that don't look too off-putting
for managers, but retain the playfulness.

* Darryl, you're familiar with the website generation scripts. Once the
layout starts shaping up and we have new restructured text files, can
you make sure they are checked into SVN properly in the right structure,
and then update the scripts with the new layout?

* Darryl should then be able to publish the new website in a final test
version (somewhere else than on grok.zope.org). Once everybody is happy
enough, we'll publish it in the real location.

Others: lots of others have been participating in the discussion. Please
don't feel excluded because I didn't name you here. Instead jump in on
the task you like most and let's push the website forward!