[Grok-dev] towards a new grok.zope.org (volunteering YOU)

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu May 17 02:12:37 EDT 2007

16 maj 2007 kl. 23.48 skrev Martijn Faassen:

> Hi there,
>
> I think the threads started by Sebastian have quite a bit of useful
> text we can mine and rewrite into a coherent piece of content for
> the grok site. We need to come up with a plan for doing it.
>
> I'm going to try to coordinate some people in the hope it's welcome:
>
> * Sebastian and Martin, can you two devise a way to go
> systematically through the threads for the texts? This should
> result in restructured text documents. Martin seems to have an eye
> for the lightheartedness and honesty we should keep in the text, so
> he can ensure we keep it. I'll also help reviewing the text.

Martin, would it be possible for you to create a master document of
the "benefits of Grok"-thread where everything that is on topic is
added in a "chat-style" log but grouped under the right questions. It
would be a great source of info. It also helps in giving credit where
credit is due.

> * Sebastian, you're already working on the site, so that's
> excellent! :) I hope Martin will continue reviewing it.

I have customer deadline on Tuesday and a pitch later the same day,
so expect stuff to materialise next week, but then I am rather
motivated so it might be sooner.

> * Kevin Teague, can you keep an eye on the layout being developed
> by Sebastian? I hope Sebastian doesn't banish the caveman theme too
> much. I'd like to retain some of the fun. Hopefully together with
> Sebastian we can come up with some layout elements
> that don't look too off-putting for managers, but retain the
> playfulness.

Right now I am trying to make the base design really simple. The
caveman would be used as part of the content.

> * Darryl, you're familiar with the website generation scripts. Once
> the layout starts shaping up and we have new restructured text
> files, can you make sure they are checked into SVN properly in the
> right structure, and then update the scripts with the new layout?

Do I need to make any special considerations? Is there any CMS-
functionality involved?