[Grok-dev] towards a new grok.zope.org (volunteering YOU)

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Thu May 17 02:45:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 08:12 +0200, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> 16 maj 2007 kl. 23.48 skrev Martijn Faassen:
>
> > Hi there,

<snip />

> > * Darryl, you're familiar with the website generation scripts. Once
> > the layout starts shaping up and we have new restructured text
> > files, can you make sure they are checked into SVN properly in the
> > right structure, and then update the scripts with the new layout?
>
> Do I need to make any special considerations? Is there any CMS-
> functionality involved?

The current site is generated on the command-line using zope
pagetemplates for the look'n'feel and the content is re-structured text
(docutils) - I confess a deep affinity to rest ;-)

In the recent past I've simply checked out the rest files, generated the
html and checked them in.

I reckon I could handle any kind of html/css/javascript layout you care
throw at me.

[aside]

I'm tidying up a zope3/grok cms this week for several sites for clients.
Pages offer a choice of rest, plain text or html (TTW editing with
tiny_mce). It includes basic text search, images and files, sitemap and
an enquiry form (zope.sendmail and a bit of ajax). I'd be happy for this
code to be used but I have bypassed the skin/layer discussion by using
deliverance, paste and apache rewrite rules so it may not be suitable to
the grok www server. It also has an additional 'manager' layer that I
use to add/import sites which also may not 'fit', though it is handy for
me because I can maintain content also on subversion (import/export
reads and writes to the filesystem). That said it `could` work, the
buildout is mostly eggs but with a bit of svn:externals where I haven't
been sure the eggs are there (z3c packages for example).

Hope that helps,
Darryl