[Grok-dev] Re: Skinning/themeing

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:41:18 EDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> I only meant to promote Deliverance as a way of adding the final, visual
> look-and-feel, not in the sense of composing pages.
>
> Let me choose a different word to "themeing" - "branding".

OK.

> I think we're talking about different things, then. I don't think
> Deliverance is a good solution for composing page structure and shared
> UI elements. I think it's a good solution (conceptually, at least) for
> applying the designer's part of the process - making it look pretty,
> consistent and presentable.

OK. Well, the biggest hurdle now is the composing, because otherwise
there will be nothing to brand. ;-) I made a first proof of concept of
this i March, but now IResult popped up, and Gary says thats the place
to do it. I think we easily can do the branding there too, which much
greater simplicity and flexibility than Deliverance. For example we
won't need a separate http-server for the branding html, and we can
easily "brand" different view differently by selecting different
layers for them.

> I see. That sounds really nice. Do you have a link to these proposals?

Sure: http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2007-March/000476.html

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64