[Grok-dev] Re: AJAX example for Uli using Mochikit and HTML-injection

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Mon May 28 07:37:01 EDT 2007

A quick comment. Plone is not really aimed at being lightweight, so I
am guessing KSS was a good choice. The Grok management app, however,
should definitely be lightweight :).

I am certain my suggested approach could easily be ported to support
any js-library that supports registering events in the same way
Mochikit does, in which case we are talking maybe 50 lines of code. I
also think it would be less intrusive than choosing the KSS approach
(no KSS package, no extra python code).

I believe it is worth for Uli to spend an hour or two looking at my
sample app just to see how easy it is to implement.

Mind you, this is just my opinion. :)

Regards Sebastian